July 27th – 29th, 2018
During the last full weekend in July of each year, we celebrate Carlton Daze, a community-wide celebration which includes softball tournaments, golf outings, a 3 on 3 basketball tournament, craft shows, auctions, children’s theater, community plays, street dances a 5k race and an ultra-marathon, a business expo, bingo, live entertainment, a parade, a kid’s tractor pull and food galore! There is something for everyone and a great time is had by all who attend.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Events for the Whole Family
Schedule for 2018 Coming Soon!
- B&B Wagon at the Third Base –Friday: 3pm-2am; Saturday: 9am-2am; Sunday: 9am-9pm
- Softball (starts 6:30 p.m. Friday & Volleyball (starts 8 a.m. Saturday) Tournaments, Organized by 3B
- Annual 10 years & under CYBSA Tournament – Chub Lake Ball Fields
- Gateway Goods – Showcasing the Northland with handmade art and gifts
- Magnolia Café – ice cream, coffee, sandwiches & soups
- Food Vendors at the Four Seasons Complex
- Food – Carlton Meat & Grocery Catering – Carlton VFW
- Carlton VFW – Big Daddy Chicken & BBQ
- Carlton Bike Rental/Art Dimensions – Bike Rental & Ice Cream, Art Gallery & Gifts
- Food/Beverages – The Streetcar
- 2017 St. Louis River Rendezvous – Paddlemania – All day Saturday & Sunday – Spectators are welcome
- Concession Open at Four Seasons Complex – sponsored by Carlton High School Volleyball
- 8am – 2pm Community Garage Sales-Contact Carlton Community Education, 218-384-4225 X-213, for more info
- 9am – 2pm Library Book Sale at the Carlton City Hall/Library on Chestnut Avenue
- 3pm – 5:45pm 5K Registration and Preregistered packet pick up at the Four Seasons Sports Complex. Contact Leola Rodd at 218-384-3697 (leave a message), 218-310-6065 (cell) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. 5K registrations forms are available at carltondaze5k.com / Carltondaze5k.zapevent.com, www.northlandrunner.com or www.minnesotarunner.com
- 4pm – 8pm Spaghetti Feed at the Four Seasons Sports Complex. Sponsored by the Carlton National Honor Society
- 4pm – 8pm Carlton Area Lions Club Booth – Four Seasons Complex. Lions memorabilia table & display cabinet, Diabetes screening table (Community Memorial Hospital, Healthy Lifestyles Literature), healthy snacks, Donor cards & eye bank presentation, eye glass donation box, fire truck parked outside, kids activities, raffle tickets
- 4pm – 8pm Carlton Fire Department Informational Booth – Four Seasons Sports Complex
- 12noon – 6pm Bingo at the VFW
- 4pm – 7pm Ultra Marathon Race Packet Pick Up –Four Seasons Sports Complex. Kris Glesener, 218-390-4784. Check out the following website, voyageurtrailrun.blogspot.com
- 5pm Kids Fun Races for ages 2 & 5 years and ages 6 to 8 years. Sign up at the Four Seasons, 3:00 to 4:45 pm. First 100 kids to sign up will receive a gift bag.
- 6pm 25th Annual 5K Run/Walk start at Four Seasons Sports Complex. Contact Leola Rodd at 218-384-3697 (leave a message), 218-310-6065 (cell) or email at email@example.com
- 6pm Carlton VFW Meat Raffle
- 6:30pm Softball Tournament, Contact Third Base, 218-384-4515, Fee: $175.00 per team
- 9pm – Close Live Music – The Third Base Bar – Rage N Country
- 9pm – 1am Live Music at the Carlton VFW (Under the tent)- Stranded
- 7:00am – 12(noon) Pancake Breakfast at the Four Seasons Sports Complex. Sponsored by the Carlton High School Clubs and Athletics
- 5am/6am Check-in/Race Start for Minnesota Voyageur Trail Ultra 50 Mile Foot Race – Carlton High School, Contact: Kris Glesener, 218-390-4784
- 8am Volleyball Tournament-Contact Third Base, 218-384-4515. Fee: $125.00 per team
- 9am – 12pm Paddlemania – Whitewater Kayak runs on the St. Louis River – Spectators are welcome to all events
- 10:00am Carlton Daze Golf Tournament – Pine Hill Golf, Hwy. 61, Carlton, MN. Contact Stephanie Erickson, 218-393-7416, for more information and registration or sign-up at The Third Base.
- 9am – 3pm Car Show – Registration begins at 8 am. $10.00 entry fee. Contact Derrick Wehr, 218-269-1356. There will be NO PARKING on Chestnut Avenue (Carlton main Street) beginning at 7 am
- 11am Carlton Area Lions Auction at the Carlton VFW
- 11am Jazz Playground – Oldenburg House, 604 Chestnut Avenue. Free registration online.
- 12noon – 6pm Bingo at the VFW
- 12noon Annual Carlton VFW Horseshoe Tournament. Registration begins 11 a.m. for the first 32 participants. Registration Fee – $10.00 per person. Draw for partners. Tournament will be 1 to 2 days depending the weather and darkness
- 12noon Polker Tournament – Carlton VFW. Sign up at 11 am
- 1:00pm Paddlemania – Blast to the Bridge – Kayakers race lower St. Louis River to swinging bridge in Jay Cooke
- 1:00pm School Referendum Informational Mtg. & School Tour at South Terrace Elementary, 530 Stine Drive
- 3:00pm Disc Golf Tournament – Contact Carlton Bike Rental to register
- 4:00pm School Referendum Informational Mtg. & School Tour at Carlton High School, 405 School Avenue
- 4:00pm Bean Bag Tournament – Chestnut Ave. Sponsored by the Carlton High School Volleyball Team
- 4:00pm Mass at St. Francis
- 4:00pm Paddlemania – Slot Machine Showcase Showdown. – Spectators welcome to all events
- 6:30pm – 10:00pm Jazz at the Carlton Room – Oldenburg House, 604 Chestnut Avenue. Tickets online.
- 9pm – Close The Third Base – Live music – Tempted Fate
- 8:00pm Minnesota Voyageur Trail Ultra 50 Mile Foot Race Award Ceremony at the Carlton High School
- 9pm – 1am Live Music at the Carlton VFW. Under the tent. – KickStart
- 8am Mass at St. Francis
- 9am Polka Service at Bethesda Lutheran Church
- 10am – 4pm Paddlemania – Team Rafting Slalom Event – teams of 4 participants race on lower St. Louis River
- 11am Service at J.M. Paine Presbyterian Church
- 11am – 4pm Bingo at the VFW
- 11:30am – 12:30pm Jazz Open House – Oldenburg House, 604 Chestnut Avenue. It’s Free. Before the Parade.
- 1pm Carlton Daze Parade. Line up begins at noon on School Avenue at the Carlton High School. Contact Andy at 218-391-6617 to enter your float/group in the parade.
- Following Parade Carlton Volunteer Fire Department Open House. Demonstrations. Kids activities. Refreshments served. Carlton Fire Hall.
- Following Parade Pedal to the Medal Tractor Pull at the N.P. Junction Bike Shelter – DNR Park, Sponsored by Carlton Community Education
- Following Parade Free Rootbeer Floats at the N.P. Junction Bike Shelter – DNR Park, Sponsored by the Carlton Area Chamber of Commerce & Carlton Area Development Corporation
- Following Parade Carlton Public Library Bake Sale – N.P. Junction Bike Shelter – DNR Park
- 2pm Carlton VFW – Bean Bag Tournament
- 2pm Carlton VFW Honor Guard Gun Raffle Drawing
- 2pm – 8pm Live music at The Third Base – S.O.S (South of Superior)
- 4pm – 8pm Carlton VFW – Live music – Inside – Fatt Chance