July 27th – 29th, 2018
During the last full weekend in July of each year, we celebrate Carlton Daze, a community-wide celebration which includes softball tournaments, golf outings, a 3 on 3 basketball tournament, craft shows, auctions, children’s theater, community plays, street dances a 5k race and an ultra-marathon, a business expo, bingo, live entertainment, a parade, a kid’s tractor pull and food galore! There is something for everyone and a great time is had by all who attend.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Events for the Whole Family
- B&B Wagon at the Third Base –Friday: 3pm-2am; Saturday: 9am-2am; Sunday: 9am-9pm
- Softball (starts 6:30 p.m. Friday & Volleyball (starts 8 a.m. Saturday) Tournaments, Organized by 3B
- Gateway Goods – Showcasing the Northland with handmade art and gifts.
- Magnolia Café – ice cream, coffee, sandwiches & soups. Full menu all day.
- Food Vendors at the Four Seasons Complex
- Carlton VFW – Pizza and Hot Dogs
- Food/Beverages – The Streetcar
- 2018 St. Louis River Rendezvous – Paddlemania – All day Saturday & Sunday – Spectators are welcome.
- Concession Open at Four Seasons Complex – sponsored by Carlton High School Volleyball
- 8am-2pm – Community Garage Sales-Contact Carlton Community Education, 218-384-4225 X-213, for more info.
- 8am-1pm – Library Book & Bake Sale at the Carlton City Hall/Library on Chestnut Avenue.
- 3pm-5:45pm – 5K Registration and Preregistered packet pick up at the Four Seasons Sports Complex Register online HERE! Pre-registration is $20, same day registration is $25.
- 4pm-8pm – Spaghetti Feed at the Four Seasons Sports Complex. Sponsored by the Robert Rodd Memorial Scholarship Fund. Tickets are adults – $8.00, children 5 to 12 yrs. – $5.00, children under 5 yrs. – Free! Tickets at the door or by calling Leola Rodd – 218-310-6065. Door Prizes with the purchase of ticket.
- 4pm-8pm – Carlton Area Lions Club Booth – Four Seasons Complex. Lions memorabilia table & display cabinet, Diabetes screening table (Community Memorial Hospital, Healthy Lifestyles Literature),healthy snacks, Donor cards & eye bank presentation, eye glass donation box, fire truck parked outside, kids activities, raffle tickets.
- 4pm-8pm – Carlton Fire Department Informational Booth – Four Seasons Sports Complex.
- 12 noon-6pm – Bingo at the VFW
- 4pm-7pm – Ultra Marathon Race Packet Pick Up –Four Seasons Sports Complex. Information available on the Website – voyageur50.com
- 5pm – Kids Fun Races for ages 2 to 5 years and ages 6 to 8 years. Sign up at the Four Seasons, 3:00 to 4:45pm.
- 6pm – 26th Annual 5K Run/Walk start at Four Seasons Sports Complex.
- 6pm – Carlton VFW Meat Raffle
- 6:30pm – Softball Tournament–Contact Third Base, 218-384-4515-Fee: $175.00 per team
- 8:00pm – Oldenburg House Free Family Outdoor Movie Night. Doors open at 8:00 pm. Movie – Coco begins at 8:45 pm. Bring your own lawn chairs & blankets. Food trucks & other vendors will provide non-alcoholic beverages, popcorn & picnic fare. Dan the Money Man will provide kid-friendly entertainment before the show.
- 9pm-Close – Live Music – The Third Base Bar – After Shock.
- 9pm-1am – Live Music at the Carlton VFW (Under the tent)- Stranded
- 5am/6am – Check-in/Race Start for Minnesota Voyageur Trail Ultra 50 Mile Foot Race – Carlton High School Information available on the website – voyageur50.com
- 8am – Volleyball Tournament-Contact Third Base, 218-384-4515. Fee: $100.00 per team.
- 9:00am – Fresh Beignets at the Magnolia Café. Fresh sausage & chicken Jambalaya. Full Menu All Day.
- 9am-11am – Pie Baking Contest. Thrivent Financial Office on Chestnut Avenue. Category – Berry. Contact – Julie Atkinson at email@example.com
- 9am-12pm – Paddlemania – Whitewater Kayak runs on the St. Louis River – Spectators are welcome to all events.
- 9:00am – Carlton Daze Golf Tournament – Pine Hill Golf, Hwy. 61, Carlton, MN. Contact Stephanie Erickson, 218-393-7416, for more information and registration or sign up at The Third Base.
- 9am-3pm – Car Show – Registration begins at 8 am. $10.00 entry fee. Contact Derrick Wehr, 218-269-1356. There will be NO PARKING on Chestnut Avenue (Carlton main Street) beginning at 7 a.m.
- 9am-3pm – Sidewalk Craft Sale on Chestnut Ave. Vendors Welcome. Please respectfully ask permission from the business that you set up in front of. Questions: Contact Sheryl at 218-590-7552.
- 11am-4pm – Sidewalk chalk art – Magnolia Café. Ice cream stand at the Oldenburg House during the outdoor movies.
- 11am – Carlton Area Lions Auction at the Carlton VFW
- 12 noon-6pm – Bingo at the VFW
- 12 noon – Annual Carlton VFW Horseshoe Tournament. Registration begins 11 a.m. for the first 32 participants. Registration Fee – $10.00 per person. Draw for partners. Tournament will be 1 to 2 days depending on the weather and darkness.
- 12 noon – Polker Tournament – Carlton VFW. Sign up at 11 a.m.
- 1:00pm – Paddlemania – Blast to the Bridge – Kayakers race lower St. Louis River to swinging bridge in Jay Cooke.
- 4:00 pm – Bean Bag Tournament – Chestnut Ave. Sponsored by the Carlton High School Volleyball Team
- 4:00pm – Mass at St. Francis
- 4:00pm – Paddlemania – Slot Machine Showcase Showdown. – Spectators welcome to all events
- 8:00pm – Oldenburg House Outdoor Movie Night. Doors open 8 pm. Movie – The Big Lebowski, begins at 8:45 pm Cost – $5.00. Bring your own lawn chairs & blankets. Food truck & other vendors will provide Non-alcoholic beverages, popcorn & picnic fare. Beer & Wine will be available.
- 8:00pm – Minnesota Voyageur Trail Ultra 50 Mile Foot Race Award Ceremony at the Carlton High School.
- 9pm-close – The Third Base – Live music – Tempted Fate.
- 9pm-1am – Live Music at the Carlton VFW. Under the tent – Audio Pilot.
- 8am – Mass at St. Francis
- 9am – Polka Service at Bethesda Lutheran Church
- 10am–4pm – Paddlemania – Team Rafting Slalom Event – teams of 4 participants race on lower St. Louis River.
- 10am–2pm – Bloody Mary Bar – Carlton VFW
- 11am – Service at J.M. Paine Presbyterian Church
- 11am-4pm – Bingo at the VFW
- 1pm – Carlton Daze Parade. Line up begins at 11:30 a.m. on School Avenue at the Carlton High School. To enter your float/group in the parade sign up at the bottom of the page. Parade contact is Andy Bailey: 218-391-6617
- Following Parade – Carlton Volunteer Fire Department Open House. Demonstrations. Kids activities Refreshments served. Carlton Fire Hall.
- Following Parade – Pedal to the Medal Tractor Pull at the N.P. Junction Bike Shelter – DNR Park. Sponsored by Carlton Community Education
- Following Parade – Magnolia Café – Beignets & sausage and chicken Jambalaya bowls. Face Painting.
- Following Parade – Free Rootbeer Floats at the Carlton Fire Department Sponsored by the Carlton Area Chamber of Commerce & Carlton Area Development Corporation
- 2:30pm – Carlton VFW – Bean Bag Tournament. Sign up begins 2 pm. Entry fee – $10.00.
- 2pm – Carlton VFW Honor Guard Gun Raffle Drawing
- 2pm-8pm – Live music at The Third Base – S.O.S (South of Superior)
- 4pm–8pm – Carlton VFW – Live music – Inside – Tamarack Outback